Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators Forum Home

Cold War Crisis Board Cold War Crisis CWC News Changelog 489 BRDM-2, BTR-80, Hind gun adjustments Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Author
Lives in this Forum

Registration Date: June 2007
  BRDM-2 balancingPost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Robok Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Yeah since a lot of you have been going on and on about how much the BRDM-2 is a super unit now. to a degree I kinda agree since in the case of US I usually send in 4 or 5 humvees to defend a position I just captured, but with USSR only 2 or even a single BRDM-2 usually suffices to repel small infantry attacks and even light vehicle attacks.

So, the first thing that we'll bring up here is how it can attack an M2 Bradley even though (as HaryPL cited) that its armour was designed to stop 14.5mm bullets which the BRDM-2 uses, makes sense to me, I'd say same should go for BMP-2 for balancing purposes (and because it'd make sense too).

Anyhow, secondly, how the BRDM-2 is able to effectively engage and screw other light vehicles, which I find to be quite imbalancing in some positions, I mean a M163 Vulcan would probably be able to punch harder into armour than a BRDM-2, but the odds are 1;1 in any situation involving both, BRDM-2 can kill them effectively and quite easily too. So it'd make sense if the BRDM-2 was lowered to act less as a super-lower-tech-unit by making it less effective against light vehicles.

Suggestions are welcome, I also note that any discussion of this very topic outside of here will reward the person doing it a shiny warning under his/her nickname. Have a good day.

18.11.2008, 21:03 Robok is offline   Profile for Robok Add Robok to your buddy list Send an Email to Robok
Karl87
CWC Beta Assistant

Registration Date: October 2008
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Karl87 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Sounds like a good idea but I'm not so sure about the BMP, it has a 30 mm cannon (5 mm bigger then the Bradleys) so it should be able to take it on and it isn't comparable to the 14.5mm of the BRDM-2.

18.11.2008, 21:17 Karl87 is offline   Profile for Karl87 Add Karl87 to your buddy list Send an Email to Karl87
HaryPL
CWC Fanatic

Registration Date: March 2008
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HaryPL Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Great! At last this freaking unit will be probably nerf and it would be a bit bigger for other topic: Mi8 cost and call-ins sense to play US

Karl, u didn't understood. Robok, and I, want to ban BRDM for shooting to M2 Bradley and BMP2. There is nothing mentioned to change with BMP2 gun.

I would suggest to make a BRDM spread worse. It is so effective against infantry and garrisoned units because almost every shoot hit the target, not as fe M2 in Humvee M2.

Worse accuracy or slower firing rate should be tested. Or both options but on a smaller scale.

M2 Bradley / BMP2 armour- obviously for that.

Brdm2 vs M163/Shilka - that can be kind of hard. Maybe options above will help, if no it seems that a small buff of AAA ground damage [ separable from AA ? ] or length of burst is a option...

- Bravery doesn't meant that You are not afraid. It means that You go there anyway -

Sry for my bad grammar

18.11.2008, 23:51 HaryPL is offline   Profile for HaryPL Add HaryPL to your buddy list Send an Email to HaryPL
Karl87
CWC Beta Assistant

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Karl87 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

haha my mistake, I thought you were refering to making the BMP unable to harm the M2 Bradley.

19.11.2008, 00:00 Karl87 is offline   Profile for Karl87 Add Karl87 to your buddy list Send an Email to Karl87
Narsil
Elite Member

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Narsil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

M163 or Shilka should definitely beat BRDM-2 in all cases.

For BRDM-2 and Bradley ones, BRDM-2 can shoot its 14.5mm MG to Bradley but should do much less damage. Imagine that Machine gunners can attack Humvees. However, it doesn't mean that Hums are easily destroyable. (It takes a long time to take out Hum with single machine gunners)

19.11.2008, 02:17 Narsil is offline   Profile for Narsil Add Narsil to your buddy list Send an Email to Narsil
Madu
Elite Member

Registration Date: December 2007
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Madu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

The BRDM-2 is very powerfull, at heroic rank it can even take 2 Bradleys at once... but I don't think that it is that overpowered. Maybe it should do less damage to vehicles, but rate of fire and attack power against vehicles are good as they are. But it's really strange seeing BRDMs blowing Bradleys up in a few seconds...

20.11.2008, 21:30 Madu is offline   Profile for Madu Add Madu to your buddy list Add Madu to your contact list
Guynumber7

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Guynumber7 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Originally posted by Narsil
M163 or Shilka should definitely beat BRDM-2 in all cases.

For BRDM-2 and Bradley ones, BRDM-2 can shoot its 14.5mm MG to Bradley but should do much less damage. Imagine that Machine gunners can attack Humvees. However, it doesn't mean that Hums are easily destroyable. (It takes a long time to take out Hum with single machine gunners)

mmm M163 is only M113 chasis, and BRDM should still be able to damage M163, but firepower wise the M163 should win....if it can hit it. Same kinda thing with Shilka, although Shilka has more armor.

also BRDM beating bradely is retarted. it has TOWS for christ sake!

24.11.2008, 03:21 Guynumber7 is offline   Profile for Guynumber7 Add Guynumber7 to your buddy list Send an Email to Guynumber7
HaryPL
CWC Fanatic

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by HaryPL Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Err... About lack of armor of the M2 there is another topic

Robok, u are the only guy with access to beta tester forum- is there any discussion related to this two [ M2 and BRDM] topics? And extra call-in strike for US maybe ?

- Bravery doesn't meant that You are not afraid. It means that You go there anyway -

Sry for my bad grammar

24.11.2008, 09:54 HaryPL is offline   Profile for HaryPL Add HaryPL to your buddy list Send an Email to HaryPL
sweln
CWC Fanatic

Registration Date: May 2005
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by sweln Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

In the beta tester forum I don't remind anything about M2 and BRDM, I suppose they where fine for us.

About the extra call in strike for USA I had proposed it, maybe directly to Hexman and Skleni, and as you see it wasen't kept .

24.11.2008, 18:54 sweln is offline   Profile for sweln Add sweln to your buddy list Send an Email to sweln
Chrinik
Heroic Member

Registration Date: August 2008
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Chrinik Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Guy, the M163s Vulcan isnt inaccurate...infact, any mounted gattling is hella accurate, there is NO recoil at all since the mounting transferes it directly to the vehicle, NOT the shooter...
So the chances of hitting is out of question.

Yes yes, the BRDM...
Well its just overpowered, lower its damage against everything a bit and it will be fine.

Never the less, CWC advanced, which is always a plus
Happy Birthday, CWC!

"Everyone who posts a Replay without the accompaning Versionnumber is stupid and should be bolted to a TOW and shot at the nearest T-72!" - Chrinik

06.12.2008, 01:12 Chrinik is offline   Profile for Chrinik Add Chrinik to your buddy list Send an Email to Chrinik
buchtik
Freshman

Registration Date: November 2008
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by buchtik Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think that reducing brdm's damage at least against vehicles is optional.I had 2 Bradleys-they took out 1 brdm with problems and another one came and destroyed them both.I wonder that a 14.5 mm MG can take out an IFV

07.12.2008, 17:41 buchtik is offline   Profile for buchtik Add buchtik to your buddy list Send an Email to buchtik
HaryPL
CWC Fanatic

It CAN NOT ...

Even prototype of M2 Bradley was 14.5mm bullet-proof from all sides... links somewhere above

Sry for my bad grammar

07.12.2008, 19:37 HaryPL is offline   Profile for HaryPL Add HaryPL to your buddy list Send an Email to HaryPL
Narsil
Elite Member

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Narsil Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Damn... Bradly is IFV + well protected vehicle. Totally not comparable to soft skin BRDM-2 families

07.12.2008, 20:53 Narsil is offline   Profile for Narsil Add Narsil to your buddy list Send an Email to Narsil
OPFOR/BTR-80
Veteran Member
Warnings: 2

Registration Date: July 2008
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OPFOR/BTR-80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Zitat:
Well its just overpowered, lower its damage against everything

Woah.I mean if a brdm was in front of me and my squad im sure that I would get owned from a couple a bullets from a slow mg like the brdm has.I mean sure it a bit to over powerfull.But if you were running away from a BRDM yea now thats really overpowered.Lower the damage against everything?
Well you could lower the damage for the bradley and other vehicles that make it a super weapon.I mean cmon isn't it a infantry fighting vehicle?

07.12.2008, 21:53 OPFOR/BTR-80 is offline   Profile for OPFOR/BTR-80 Add OPFOR/BTR-80 to your buddy list Send an Email to OPFOR/BTR-80
HaryPL
CWC Fanatic

WHAT ?!?!

BRDM2 IFV ?!?!!?

it's freckin cheap, lighty armored and armed SCOUT VEHICLE

And this Scout Vehicle - for now- can successfully take out any number infantry squad, all US jeeps and APC's + even IFV ... Not to metnion about clearing any garrisoned buidling even with 8AT + leveling enemy base almost at the rate of F111 ...

Sry for my bad grammar

Post last edited by HaryPL on 07.12.2008, 22:16.

07.12.2008, 22:11 HaryPL is offline   Profile for HaryPL Add HaryPL to your buddy list Send an Email to HaryPL
OPFOR/BTR-80
Veteran Member
Warnings: 2

Registration Date: July 2008
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by OPFOR/BTR-80 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Crap sorry i forgot it was a scout vehicle I was thinking about the BMP at the same time.

07.12.2008, 22:18 OPFOR/BTR-80 is offline   Profile for OPFOR/BTR-80 Add OPFOR/BTR-80 to your buddy list Send an Email to OPFOR/BTR-80
HaryPL
CWC Fanatic

Except this all Bradley, AAA, Humvees, infantry, garrison PWn'ings by BRDM2... How the hell it could happen that BRDM2 has bigger range than M2 emplacement ? And this frecking cheap scout unit is able to take out defense emplacement with no damage O.o Not to mention damage vs building of 14.5mm compared to 40mm HE auto grenade launcher...

Is it a joke? Bug? Miracle? Anything

Sry for my bad grammar

12.12.2008, 20:19 HaryPL is offline   Profile for HaryPL Add HaryPL to your buddy list Send an Email to HaryPL
Robok
Lives in this Forum

Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Robok Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I think you've got your point across, this thread serves no purpose now.

12.12.2008, 20:31 Robok is offline   Profile for Robok Add Robok to your buddy list Send an Email to Robok
CWC Project Team
Administrator

Registration Date: March 2004
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by 2312222 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I've changed the BRDM-2s, BTR-80s and Hind's gun to a different weapon type comparable to the M2 machine gun. They can no longer attack IFV and are less powerful than before. Very deadly vs infantry though.

No change on the BRDM-2 building clearing ability. It's one of its main features and thus kept. You should be able to destroy BRDM-2s easier now, any IFV will do.

Hall of Fame Polls Open Soon!

17.12.2008, 04:48 2312222 is offline   Profile for 2312222 Add 2312222 to your buddy list
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Total Hits: 4591206 | Hits Today: 230 | Hits Yesterday: 444
Counter 2003 by Barja