Register Frequently Asked Questions Search Members List Moderators and Administrators Forum Home

Cold War Crisis Board Cold War Crisis Your Favorite ... Your Favorite C&C game Hello Guest [register|login]
« Previous Thread | Next Thread » Print Page | Recommend to Friend | Add Thread to Favorites
Post New Thread Post Reply
Poll: What's your favorite C&C game?
C&C - Tiberian Dawn 4 8.51%
C&C - Red Alert 6 12.77%
C&C - Sole Survivor 1 2.13%
C&C - Tiberian Sun 1 2.13%
C&C - Red Alert 2 9 19.15%
C&C Renegade 0 0.00%
C&C Generals 19 40.43%
C&C Tiberium Wars 3 6.38%
Other (Addon: please post which one) 1 2.13%
None! I hate C&C!11!!one! (this is for Widow) :-P 3 6.38%
Total: 47 Votes 100%

Author
CWC Project Team
Administrator

Registration Date: March 2004
Your Favorite C&C gamePost Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SHADOW Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

It's time for a new poll, so here we go.

What's your favorite C&C game? This includes all titles of the franchise, not only the RTS ones (f.e. Renegade is included). Tiberium is not on the list because it's not yet availible.

In case I forgot any game (doubt it, looks pretty complete to me, I even remembered shitty Sole Survivor lulz), you can also vote "Other".

Addons don't count extra, else we'd have way too much possibilities. If you vote "Other" for the AddOn, please tell us which AddOn too

IMPORTANT: The CWC Forum-Rules!

05.02.2008, 00:10 SHADOW is offline   Profile for SHADOW Add SHADOW to your buddy list Send an Email to SHADOW Homepage of SHADOW
SHADOW
CWC Project Team
Administrator

Registration Date: March 2004
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by SHADOW Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Before I start: This doesn't count as double-post

For me, C&C 1 (Tiberian Dawn) was the best C&C ever. Back in 1995 (?) it had awesome graphics, great atmosphere (Cutscenes) and the "Destroy the White House / Eiffel-Tower / Brandenburg Gate" Bonus.
Also there had been alot of unoffical Mods and Tools to modify the game in crazy ways (building Visceroids = win).

I also liked Red Alert very much, but no C&C felt so great then Tiberian Dawn (IMO).

The most shittiest of them probably was Sole Survivor, I only played it at a friends house, but was disgusted

IMPORTANT: The CWC Forum-Rules!

05.02.2008, 00:15 SHADOW is offline   Profile for SHADOW Add SHADOW to your buddy list Send an Email to SHADOW Homepage of SHADOW
Skleni
CWC Project Team
Administrator

Registration Date: May 2004
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Skleni Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Generals and Red Alert.

Red Alert was one of the first games I played and I have so many great memories...

Generals was also a great game IMO, although many people insist that it is crap. But as it is not really a C&C game my vote goes for Red Alert.

We turn into computers...a bit each day. - 9K32 Strela

05.02.2008, 00:29 Skleni is offline   Profile for Skleni Add Skleni to your buddy list
Major_Rice
1337 haXX0r

Registration Date: June 2007
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Major_Rice Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Easily Red Alert.

The graphics, to me for some odd reason, are actually really good.

I would say Tiberium Wars second and Generals third.

P.S. Like Skleni said, Generals wasn't that bad of the game...you guys have to admit this was the first game where we were finally able to blow up that damn terrorist hideout!

-Will Rogers

05.02.2008, 01:19 Major_Rice is offline   Profile for Major_Rice Add Major_Rice to your buddy list Send an Email to Major_Rice
Robok
Lives in this Forum

Registration Date: June 2007
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Robok Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Red Alert 2 (I didn't get to try the first ) for the good memories.

But Generals is a good game on its own, it allowed for greater tactics to be used contrary to which was present in previous games where it all relayed on overpowered units.

05.02.2008, 07:22 Robok is offline   Profile for Robok Add Robok to your buddy list Send an Email to Robok
Madu
Elite Member

Registration Date: December 2007
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Madu Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Red Alert 1
It has that awesome WW2 atmosphere, also I liked the sound track. The only bad thing about it, is that the only weapon against a tank is another tank.

Tiberian Sun Firestorm is second, I liked that "world-is-going-down"-atmosphere (no idea how to write this in english) thery much.

Generals is third, it wasn't so bad as some C&C-fans say.

Tiberium Wars is total crap, I hate it and I hate EA for destroing the whole series with it. Renegade is crap, too, because that one wins, who has the better character and jumps most stupid around. I also never liked Tiberian Dawn, because I have to wait half a hour to have enough money to purchase a tiny, little tank

Post last edited by Madu on 05.02.2008, 08:37.

05.02.2008, 08:35 Madu is offline   Profile for Madu Add Madu to your buddy list Add Madu to your contact list
Aydynbek
Elite Member
Warnings: 2

Registration Date: February 2007
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Aydynbek Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

C&C 3 and Red Alert 1. Well Tiberium Wars is not that bad btw.

Post last edited by Aydynbek on 05.02.2008, 20:50.

05.02.2008, 12:34 Aydynbek is offline   Profile for Aydynbek Add Aydynbek to your buddy list Send an Email to Aydynbek Homepage of Aydynbek AIM Screenname: ljolgui
hyperion
Heroic Member

Registration Date: August 2007
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by hyperion Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

I: -went nuts for TD,
-loved RA1,
-enyojed TD
-and liked renegade(the only bad thing was that it was TD in a TS suit)

Post last edited by hyperion on 05.02.2008, 15:52.

05.02.2008, 12:44 hyperion is offline   Profile for hyperion Add hyperion to your buddy list Send an Email to hyperion
[R]
1337 haXX0r

Registration Date: January 2006
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by [R] Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Red Alert 2 cause I like the graphics and atmosphere.
I like Red Alert 1 and Generals(Maybe only because of CWC) too but not as much as RA2.

05.02.2008, 14:20 [R] is offline   Profile for [R] Add [R] to your buddy list Send an Email to [R]
Comrade Philip
Banned: 1x
CWC Fanatic
Warnings: 2

Registration Date: December 2004
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Comrade Philip Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RA2, because the cutscenes where hillarius.

05.02.2008, 15:38 Comrade Philip is offline   Profile for Comrade Philip Add Comrade Philip to your buddy list Send an Email to Comrade Philip Homepage of Comrade Philip
Tore

Registration Date: December 2006
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Tore Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

1 ) Tiberian Dawn
This game is just completely awesome!

2 ) Red Alert
This game is also awesome!

3 ) Tiberian Sun
I love modding and playing this game!

4 ) Red Alert 2
This game was funny.

5 ) Renegade
It was buggy but nice.

6 ) Generals
CWC and F 22 raptors FTW!

7 ) Tiberium Wars
I was disappointed on this game because they degraded the tech, but it has nice game play. (version 1.09 needed)

8 ) Sole survivor
I never played this game online, but I heard it was nice and I like the commando EVA.

You have Mailed the Fisson!!

Post last edited by Tore on 05.02.2008, 20:29.

05.02.2008, 20:28 Tore is offline   Profile for Tore Add Tore to your buddy list Send an Email to Tore Homepage of Tore
Crusader
CWC Beta Assistant

Registration Date: August 2006
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Crusader Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Clearly: Yuris Revenge (and red alert II^^)

05.02.2008, 23:14 Crusader is offline   Profile for Crusader Add Crusader to your buddy list Send an Email to Crusader
makaron
Elite Member

Registration Date: March 2005
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by makaron Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Prsonaly for me C&C has been the game that I have born with and lived with The first memory of my life (that I remember) was my father playing C&C (the first version, Tiberium dawn perhaps?).
Then the next memory what I have with C&C is Tiberium Sun. At that time I was big enough to play it my self . As I was about 5-6 years old I only played skrimish and I usually beat the easy
Then the next one is Red Alert 2. I have spent days and weeks only playing RA2, althou I must egmit that I had borrowed it from a friend (he had a crappy version with no ingame videos) I have still completed the game about 5 times with allies and 6 times with soviets+ a shit load of game that I have beaten the hard (or whatever the hardest difficulty was there)(PS! I voted for RA2 )
Now when Generals came out me and my father discovered by an accident, we just googled C&C, and found its demo. Ok we downloaded it and we were like then we played the demo for 2 weeks. Then we desided to but generals. As you can imagine we played generals a lot, plus later on we bought zero hour. I know that some fanatics say the generals is crap, but I have always liked it for its fairly simple tactics and the abilityh to be the terrorist and kill USA troops .(I love the car bombs) I dont even know how much I have played generals, possibly even more than RA2, I have played these two games more than any game in my life.

Ok and now Tiberium wars. As its the latest in my game collection (still not completed bought it 2 days ago, waited for the price to drop) I cant say much about it. But it has motivated me to buy C&C the first decade to play through ALL of the three tiberium wars. I realy like the intel text about the last Mk.II Walker
Gaah Im too tired to write about Renegade, but its a fun game anyway.

"Im a policeman," said Vimes "I can always find a crime."- Terry Pratchett The Fifth Elephant

16.02.2008, 08:27 makaron is offline   Profile for makaron Add makaron to your buddy list Send an Email to makaron
eska
Experienced Member

Registration Date: June 2008
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by eska Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

RA1 ! I loved it, the migs, cruisers..

and it was easy to modify! even I made my own mod

02.06.2008, 23:39 eska is offline   Profile for eska Add eska to your buddy list Send an Email to eska
Su-47
Elite Member

Registration Date: April 2010
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by Su-47 Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Wish everyone a wonderful good morning !

Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour (I played until now no other part except Command & Conquer: Renegade, Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2 and Command & Conquer: Yuri's Revenge).

Sorry for my incorrect English.

Otherwise, I wish you all a pleasant day !

Suchoi Aircraft

Post last edited by Su-47 on 27.09.2011, 12:22.

01.07.2011, 06:39 Su-47 is offline   Profile for Su-47 Add Su-47 to your buddy list
CnCTFD
Heroic Member
Warnings: 1

Registration Date: July 2008
  Post Reply with Quote Edit/Delete Post Search for Posts by CnCTFD Report Post to a Moderator        IP Address Go to the top of this page

Hm, I love the first C&C game, as well as Red Alert. Generals and its expansion Zero Hour is nice to mod (and the CWC mod is really fun to play).
One of the main favourites however would be Tiberian Sun, mainly because of the armoured walkers (Wolverine, Titan, Juggernaut).
Though one alternative I didn't see was C&C 3 and its expansion Kane's Wrath, in which those walkers make a return, and I can zoom in on every little detail on them.

So my list would be (atm) is:
C&C 3 Kane's Wrath
C&C Generals Zero Hour
C&C Tiberian Sun
C&C (Tiberium Dawn?)

What about we start adding a decaying USSR production facility? After 1 or 2 hours of play, your resources start to get scarce and you have to cope with the fact that the US has more efficient production lines. Now, that'd be realistic.

14.01.2012, 13:30 CnCTFD is offline   Profile for CnCTFD Add CnCTFD to your buddy list Send an Email to CnCTFD
Post New Thread Post Reply
Go to:

Total Hits: 4625876 | Hits Today: 122 | Hits Yesterday: 559
Counter 2003 by Barja